Saturday, February 28, 2009

Long Time

Well I realize it has been so very very long since I have posted, so I thought I really needed to do it today. So much has been going on since I last blogged about my crazy day. There are so many days that I can't get Von off my mind and wonder where she is. I have a police officer friend that is going to look into that for me! Thank you Joe!
Most of you know by now that I lost my job on Jan. 20th. The church where I was working was $45,000 short on their budget and decided to do away with my position. Unfortunately when money gets tight people first start cutting their tithes, although it shouldn't be but it is. I seriously thought that when they came in my office to talk to me it was to plan a party for me, see it was my 10 year anniversary there. I thought, well they know how involved I am at my church and want to see when I can come here on a Sunday for a party - how sweet! So when they first started talking I promise I felt like I was in a Charlie Brown movie with the teacher going wa wa wa wa, I knew they were talking but it was like an out of body experience. Then it hit me what they were saying and I was like you have got to be kidding me right! This is not April 1st and no such jokes should be played on a person like this. But ya know what, I am only accountable for my actions and I feel that I handled the situation with character and in a way that was pleasing to God. I have made a lot of dear friends over my 10 years there and I cherish their friendships still today.
My God is bigger than any job loss and He is in control and has gone before me. I have once again drawn such strength from my favorite bible verse Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". See my flesh wanted to see the harm, the bad, and what will we do. But then God reminded me those are not His plans and how can I go wrong with His promise to me. So once again in a hard time in my life I am clinging to God's promises and feeling good about it.
There are other things that have really been tearing me down and keeping me nervous, anxious and upset. I am trying to learn (note I said trying) how to deal with those things. I have set new boundaries for myself and have just taken a few steps back. I wish with all my heart that I didn't have to do that, but I am just at a loss as what else to do. God knows my heart and how it hurts right now and how I struggle and He has put people in my life to encourage me and make me smile and I am grateful.
On a good note, I am doing a bible study with my friend Angie. It is called Lose it for Life - it address all the reasons we over eat, address them and then gives you ways to counter act those bad habits with good ones. And I am proud to say, I have lost 14 pounds and she has lost 25!!! We both were talking about how we are emotional eaters and I went and found this at Lifeway and asked her if she wanted to do it with me. See most people do better when you have someone doing it with you and can give you accountability. We have had to face alot of ugly issues in our lives, but we have done it together and God has made changes in our lives for the better and for that we are so thankful. See this is not a diet - it is a life style change. We don't hear alot about gluttony from the pulpit, but it is a sin and is rampant in America. See I came to realize that I was turning to food for comfort when I should have been turning to Jesus. So now when I go to eat, I ask myself these 3 things: Are you physically hungry? Are you emotionally hungry? or Are you spiritually hungry? And guess what 9 times out of 10 I was emotionally or spiritually hungry instead of physically hungry. This study is life changing and I love it. Not only that, but it teaches you how to eat healthier and to make healthy choices and most important gets you exercising. Which I have to get a better more regular plan for that - anybody up to working out with me?
I guess the rest is just usual around here stay busy - I have often wondered over the last few weeks - how did I get all this done and work too? I am still on the job hunt and really praying about what God wants me to do. I have some prospects and things in the works. I will let you know what happens. Thanks again for keeping up with us. I promise to be better.

1 comment:

The Davidson's said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and you are right.. everything is in God's hands , so I know it will all work out for you. Stay strong .