So much is going on, when I thought it would be a relaxing laid back summer. In fact its going by so fast and I haven't accomplished much on my summer to do list!!! Which frustrates me, but that is life and I guess I will get them done at some point in time.
We are gearing up to leave for Mexico again and I am so excited. I can't wait to see my Mexican Family and some of those kids again that touched my heart so deeply. I am sure it will be difficult to come home again. We are just spoiled and so unaware of our blessings here in America! I love the easiness of life there - seriously no fast food on every corner and rushing from this to that, they actually close things down in the afternoon for naps!!! They are such loving and family devoted people and I feel so at ease and at home in that environment where family matters and no hurriedness. Not to mention no humidity and great weather :-)
Elise is doing great at her camp counselor position, I know she is touching lives every week and that makes me so proud of her. She does get tired and worn out and she told me that she looks forward to her mail from people to help her get through the day. Its hard being totally responsible for 12 girls 24/5 and being in the heat all day. But she is grounded in her commitment to Christ to share the gospel and make a difference in the lives of girls and He is giving her the strength she needs. She is not really sure that she is glad that she got braces at this point, but I am sure with the end result she will be, its harder getting them as an adult verses a child.
Ashtyn is doing great. She has gone to camp this summer for a week and has been able to play with lots of friends too. She gets to go to her Nanny's house too on most days I work and she enjoys that. She is getting taller and funnier by the minute. She is so hilarious and keeps us in stitches. Her braces are moving her teeth like crazy, I have been blown away at how much her teeth have moved in a little over a month! She loves to tease Elise about that - hey that's what little sisters are for! She loves it when her Sissy is home and has really enjoyed getting to spend more time with her. She wants to be just like her sister and that is fine with me!
Mike is doing well, summer is hard on him with his feet, but he pushes through the pain and manages. How I don't know, but I guess he is used to it. He got a new hair cut and we all have different opinions on it. I think I am finally getting used to it. He loves it cause everyone tells him he looks younger. I laughed so hard when a our friend Heather at church said, "oh he got rid of the evangelist look!" I had never thought about that, but is was so funny. I keep telling him that he can try all he wants, but he will never look younger than me :-) But oh how he loves to remind me that I am older than him. Ya I hear you, don't call me a cradle robber!!
I am seriously loving my new job. I get to work with a great bunch of people, see great people all day and use my creative side. All the offices love to see me coming, cause they know I have goodies! I have enjoyed getting to know and talk to people in these offices and look forward to getting to know them all better. Its been crazy since its summer - we have so many patients in the summer, but I love it. We are having a post card contest right now for our patients and I look forward to the mail coming so I can see what we got! I have been busy with my photography business and I am actually working on a new endeavor to include - but I am keeping that under wraps right now. But I promise to let you know and keep you updated as I work out all the kinks!
Church is great and growing like crazy, we are working on our new directory right now! It is so refreshing to see God work like He has at VCBC and we feel blessed to be there to be involved. Well I guess I better go get productive and see what I can get accomplished. I have more things to write about, but that will have to come later! Thanks for reading and keeping up with us crazy people!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment