Monday, August 31, 2009

Trying to catch up with myself!

Well it has felt like a whirl wind since we came home from Mexico. We had a wonderful time again and I miss the people and the lifestyle so much. I just feel so relaxed and peaceful when I am there, I am not sure if its the culture there or because I am doing God's work and His strength and peace are just overwhelming when you are in the middle of His will. What ever it is, I love it and miss it. I am so glad that God allows us to see the lostness of the world and how we have so much here, yet don't appreciate it or really enjoy it. We take so much for granted, trust me.
I was blown away at the idol worship we saw while there this time and how sad it was to see so many people that believe in this El Nino doll. But I came to realize that is all they have ever heard, and grew up around - so how could they know anything else, how could they accept or know the truth if they haven't heard it. There is work to be done out there friends and weather you like it or not, or feel comfortable with it or not - we are called to share it!!!! For some that means your neighbors, co workers, school mates, for some that means people in another country. But whatever and where ever God has called you - obey and share, people's eternity are depending on you!
I have so many pictures to share and things that happened, but of course that will have to come on another day. Please keep Pastor Pablo, his family and his church in your prayers. They are reaching out to those in very poor communities and rough communities and they need our prayers. They are doing their part and I pray that we are found faithful in doing ours.

School is back in session and we are still working into our routine around here, just when I think we have it worked out - something changes with Mike's work and we have to punt and go with plan B. But this is called life and I have learned over the years to roll with the punches that life brings, cause if you don't well your going to get knocked down.

I am training for a 5K run in October - I have never in my life done anything like this, but I am going to give it a shot. I am so glad for the cooler weather, it makes for running outside so much nicer! I don't do heat real well, I am sure that is a shocker for most of you :-)

I am getting excited about our Disney trip in November, this is Ashtyn's first trip ever and Mike has not been since he was like 6 or 7 - so this should be really fun. I am most looking forward to being with my family all of us together - that doesn't happen much anymore and for me it is so important and I cherish those moments together. We laugh and have so much fun when we have both of the girls together. They both have such wonderful and different personalities and when you put them together - well there are many many laughs and funny moments.

I love my new job and the people I work with. I am working on something new in my photography business and want to have it down pat before I announce it. But I am so excited about it. I think it is going to be a nice addition. I am working on a website too, its way more than I thought it would be, but I have reached the point that it is a must in this business. I am so thankful for each person that God sends my way. I know that there is a reason and a purpose for each person I encounter along the way. And I don't take that lightly either.

Ashtyn is enjoying school - this year there is only one 4th grade class, so she gets to be with all her friends and doesn't have to be split up from any one. She loves her teacher and this economics project they are doing. I am so excited about it and grateful that Mrs. Hoffman is teaching them the importance of learning to manage your money at this age. And that things cost money - they even have to pay rent to sit at their desk! I am hoping that she will learn that things are not free and for everything she has in her room and the house she lives in it cost money and you have to have a job and earn that money. She is the banker and earns a pay check each week. They have their own checks and everything, I think its great!

Mike is super busy at work, they have had some turn over and that is always hard on the rest of the staff, but they are plugging away at it. But since he is the manager, that requires him to get it all done and help everyone else get it all done when they are short handed. So we don't see him alot when that happens. He is still singing with a group called Endless Grace. The previous group he was with Sons of Grace now has a reunion concert in October, so they are now practicing too. So he is gone two nights a week practicing with both groups. So I am going to have to get better at grilling cause he is not around much to do it. And this is one of my favorite times of the year to grill out - when its not so stinking HOT!!!!

Well, I guess that is about it for now. I have many things to get done around here. Thanks for keeping up with us and crazy busy life! I hope to get more up soon.

1 comment:

Shea said...

TAG ~ You're it! Check out my page - Love ya!