I listen to a local Christian Radio station (where everyone knows me by name - because I win - a lot). But one morning this week the subject of going to church came up. Of course if you know me just a little you know how I feel about that. I think it is vital to be in church in order for your relationship with the Lord to grow. Seriously who do you have a relationship with (a good one) that you don't spend time with? But anyway I saw this on an email I got and thought it was a good analogy for the subject.
A church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained
that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday.
I've gone for 30 years now,' he wrote, 'and in that time I have heard
something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a
single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the preachers are
wasting theirs by giving sermons at all.'
This started a real controversy in the 'Letters to the Editor' column, much
to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:
I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those
meals. But I do know this... They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.
Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!'
When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something!
Faith sees the invisible , believes the incredible and receives the impossible!
Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment