Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I am on a Death March!!!

Curious huh.............well it means I am dying to myself daily! The more I die to myself daily, the more God takes over, the more I see where He is at work and join Him there instead of trying to make His work fit in with my schedule. See I am a planner and a detail person and God is really showing me that I am not to plan my life everyday. His plan is better and He has a better work for me than I could ever plan for myself. I have had to totally drop what I have had planned several times now and say ok Sherri God is working here - go join Him! And low and behold once I actually surrendered to the fact that I really need and want to join Him and let go of my schedule it has been great! Can I just tell you how hard that is for someone who likes to know every detail and every plan and be in control of it!!! But this "Experiencing God" study that we are doing is really opening my eyes. See God wants us all to be involved in His work, He invites us all to join Him in His work. Now I am a worker and I enjoying doing for others and serving others, that is not my problem. But for some it is. I would like to challenge you to look around for where God is working and just go join Him there and serve Him and others. Be the change you want to see in the world - let it start with you.

Until you serve, your Christian life will always be an obligation. Godly disciplines will feel like burdens until you get off the bench and into the game. Spiritually speaking, you'll never get the wind in your sails until you commit to imitating Christ in regular, humble, faithful service. You'll only know the duty and never the delight of the Christian life until you serve God with your whole heart, whatever that specifically means for you.
Ecclesiastes 9:10 says, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might."
What's more, you'll never experience long-term growth in your Christian life until you serve in some kind of personal ministry.

We don't have to ask God if He wants us to serve, He has called every one of us into a lifetime of service: "It is God who works in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." - Phil. 2:13.
God wants to do something great with you—so whatever He's calling you to do, do it with your whole heart. Others may never assign greatness to your life, but in serving Christ you will know you have lived a great life. And I don't know about you, but I want to live a great life - SERVING CHRIST!!!!

He reminds me even down to my favorite verse in the Bible - Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments: