Well here it is Christmas Eve - so what does that mean? I have been thinking all day, wow its almost over. And I am not really sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I guess all the hustle and bustle being over is a good thing. All the hoopla being over is a good thing. The elf going back is a good thing!!! Ya, I hear all the amens :-) But the extra time spent with family and friends is not a good thing. The extra things we do for people being over is not good. There are so many reasons for each one. But its almost the day we celebrate the birth of Christ. And I wonder have I made that clear to my kids, have I made it about Him. Do people know that I celebrate His birth and how much it means to me? I sure hope so. I know there are things I can do better and I pray that I do.
But one thing I know for sure is that we are a blessed nation, yet we don't get that. I sit here now wondering what those children in Zacatacus Mexico are getting if they are getting anything. My sweet little Dulce - what is she doing, is she getting anything? And my heart hurts cause I don't know and I am so far away to be able to help. But you know, if they are not getting anything, they don't care. They have so little, yet they are such happy people. There wasn't all this stuff to distract you and chase after. And it was nice.
On a sad note the couple that I told you about in my previous post. Well she passed away. She passed away not long after we were there. We were going to visit one day and there were cars there and we said, well they must have family that came to visit so we won't drop in and interrupt that. So we decided to come back another time. I sent them cards and then yesterday when I picked Ashtyn up from my moms she asked me why they had taken the ramp down. My heart sunk I had not noticed that it was gone (guess cause I am always going by there at night and couldn't see). She said do you think she got better and is walking now, I was like sweetheart it is one of two things - she either got better, or she died. So we found out that she had died and figured that was when all the cars had been at the house. I am glad that we got a chance to meet her and bring some kind of joy to her before she passed. I remember how she told me how worried she was about him and what would happen to him when she was gone. So I will extend more help and visits to him now that she is gone. He said he was planning on selling the house. What a sad time of year to lose someone. I know its never easy, but you just always associate their death with the holiday after that and its not as nice anymore. So keep him in your prayers please, his name is Thomas Lucas. Thank you for that, I know I have friends I can count on to pray.
Well guess I better go wrap some gifts, get dressed and ready to go to my parents house. We do Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve. We will all go as a family for the Lords Supper at Hunter Street tonight. I pray that each and everyone of you have a wonderful Christmas. I love you, and thanks for reading.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment