Ok, so here is the story of my job and how it came to play.
Well I was laid off in Jan. (Jan 20th at 10:30 a.m. to be exact) and have been looking for a job ever since. I was applying at churches and other places and was getting no response. To be quite honest I was starting to feel rejected and really bad. I had tried my best not to worry (because I am really great at that) and tried to be patient and reassure myself that God’s timing was not mine. And kept praying that I would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and what God wanted me to do. My biggest and common prayer everyday was asking the Lord that I stayed in His will and not my own – that I didn’t just jump into something because I was worried or scared and it not be His will for me.
I had an emotional day at church one Sunday because I couldn’t stop worrying and I didn’t want too, so I just gave it all to God that day and told Him that I couldn’t handle this and I didn’t want to make myself sick worrying over something that I had no control over. So I cried my eyes out, poured my heart out at the altar and prayed with my pastor that day.
Ashtyn had a wiggly tooth and it finally came out, and she asked me when we were going to fix her teeth. She is getting self conscious of her teeth, not that they are horrible by any means, but to little girls at this age- they are starting to pay more attention to their looks. See she needs ortho and we had taken her last September for a consult and we were waiting until after Christmas to get them on. We have dental coverage but no ortho coverage and it would be another monthly bill, so we said lets wait until after Christmas. Well when I got laid off we knew that we couldn’t do anything until I had a job again. So it was not looking good at this point. And I felt really bad when she asked me, and I said honey we are working on that and when momma gets a job, I promise you we will get them fixed ok. So my heart was broken because I couldn’t do something that I knew was needed for my child.
So that night I started praying specifically for the Lord to provide a way for us to be able to pay for her orthodontics needed. And for 2 weeks I prayed telling God, I don’t care how you provide it, but please provide a way for me to get my baby’s teeth fixed. I prayed that I was going to stand on His promises and claim it in His name and trust that he would provide for that need – not a want – a need!!!! I told Him Lord, I don’t know how we will pay our bills, let alone a new ortho bill, but I know you will and I trust you God.
So its now been 2 weeks I have been praying for this, not praying about my job – but about her teeth. Then I get a message on face book from my friend Jenny to call her, she has a job for me. So I call her and she proceeds to tell me all about her job and what she does and that her boss’s husband now wants to hire a PR and Marketing person for his office too. And she told them, I have the perfect person for you and tells them about me. Then she says (now listen carefully!!!!) you know who her (her boss) husband is don’t you and I said no who? She said its Dr. Jeff Backus the orthodontist in Hoover – ok I now have Jesus bumps all up and down my body and my hair is standing up - because guess who we had the ortho consult with – but Dr. Jeff Backus – that is Ashtyn’s orthodontist!!!!!!!
Now my friends, if that is not a God thing – I don’t know what is. See God cares and loves us so much that He is in every detail of our lives and hears our prayers!!! Not only did he provide a way for us to get her teeth fixed, but He gave me a job too! Now, that my friend is God and God alone. And I am praising His holy name for what He has done. I am glad that I didn’t jump into something or try to control or do anything on my own, because He had the perfect job and answered prayer just waiting on me!!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Now what blessings or answered prayers are you missing out on because you are running things on your own, on your time table and not waiting patiently (I didn’t say it was easy) on the Lord to pour out on you all the riches of heaven and bless you and answer your prayers – according to His will and not yours!
Can I just testify that it is worth it my dear friends, again not easy and not always fun, but so worth it! I have never had to trust God like I did for 2 months and I am so thankful for wonderful friends who encouraged me and prayed for me and spoke God’s truth to me when I needed to hear it. So this is my story of my job and how it came to be – by God alone!!!!!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment