
Well we are about to come to the end of our Experiencing God study at church. I think it was just for me, and that feels pretty good. That my Lord and Savior cared enough and loved me enough that he laid something on my preachers heart for the church to do! Wow, that just amazes me. I am sure there are others that would say that it was for them too and that's ok. I would have to agree with them. The things that he has shown me and taught me have been life changing!
I have come to learn so much about obedience and that even delayed obedience is disobedience! Ya that one was hard for me, I never really thought about putting something off that you know God wants you to do as disobedience. I thought well as long as you did it at some point and time that you were ok. I have also learned that you can not judge God's will by circumstances. We sometimes put way too much emphasis on doors opening and closing as always being God, but most (not all)of the time that is not the case. I learned to stop asking God for signs to reassure me that it was Him and His will. Faith is action, when you see God working you come to a crisis of belief and you have to decide if you will join Him. And guess what - that means MAJOR adjustments in your life to line your life up with Him. But that is not a bad thing, so why do we always think it is. Why do start thinking of everything we will miss and may have to sacrifice to serve with Him and for Him? Who cares - not me!
This next week our church will begin Family outreach week. Bro. Kevin has asked every family in the church to reach out some way that week to the community. Do random acts of kindness or serve some where or help someone in need. He asked us to think about 300 people reaching out in one week and what a difference that will make in our community. I am so excited about it. We know of one thing we are doing, but we are going to come up with some others. Its Thanksgiving week so why not be thankful and reflect on how God has blessed us and for us to bless others.
I am so thankful that He thinks that I am beautiful and worthy of His son's own blood.

We have prayer request for our brother Timmy (unspoken), our nephew Bobby (blood clot), some dear friends at church (medical needs) and our adopted son Darron who is being sent to Korea for 3 years. Of course remember to pray for our country and our leaders. We have some unspoken prayer request for ourselves as well.

We continue to remodel the bathroom and will not start on the other one until 1.)After the holidays and 2.) we have more money!!!
Thanks for reading and keeping up with us. Be watching for God's activity and join Him.
1. God is always at work around you.
2. God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal.
3. God invites you to become involved with Him in His work.
4. God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes, and His ways.
5. God's invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
6. You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.
7. You come to know God by experience as you obey Him, and He accomplishes His work through you.


2 comments:
very nice blog
:)
wonderful background by the way.
Post a Comment